Spring must have skipped by us - let's hope for a long glorious Summer!
We are continually trying to find new ways to service our clients. In addition to our Business Directory that we introduced last month, we are starting to promote a clients business each month, please see the blog post Kidz Fun Day Rental & take advantage of the referral.
This month's referral is perfect for those of you with children preparing for party season! Even if you don't have children you could give this as a gift or pass it on to your friends & family with children!
Also, check out our website, this is a work in progress, however we are sure you will find it easy to manuever in and will love the location finder if you are looking for homes on the market! (much easier than MLS.ca), and don't forget to check out our Business Directory to find a list of our preferred vendors.
Real Estate Stats for the Month of April 2011
- Less active condominium market in April - more detached & townhome sales compared to April 2010.
- % of all residential listings sold in April = 22.7% (Less than 1 out of 4 residential properties listed sold in April)
- % of detached listings that sold in April = 24% (1 out of 4 detached listings sold in April)
- % of attached listings that sold in April = 33% (1 out of 3 attached listings sold in April)
- % of condo listings that sold in April = 20% (1 out of 4 condo's listed sold in April)
There is considerable variation in activity within the communities in our region. This is causing home price trends to differ depending on the area.
- Benchmark price for a detached home in April = $879,039 - 2.3% increase in # of sales compared to April 2010
- Benchmark price for an attached home in April = $514,670 - 1% increase in # of sales compared to April 2010
- Benchmark price for a condo sold in April = $409,242 - 21.3% decrease in # of sales compared to April 2010
- Minimum Down Payment
- Cost to borrowing with less than 20% down.
- Suggestions for saving more of your income to afford a home purchase sooner.
- Why it is an ideal time to offer down payment assistance to a relative you care about.
Interest rates are still low and home ownership is Canada has proven to be a good long-term investment. Download the guide HERE! Please call if you would like more information about these topics or if we can help refer you to a mortgage professional.
Oh, by the Way......We are NEVER TOO BUSY for your referrals!