"Happy New Year"
We arrived back from Maui January 9th and the month just slipped away from us. All of a sudden it is February and time to say "Happy Valentine's Day" as well. The market was very active throughout December and continued through January. We are expecting a banner year as the economy is strong and the interest reates are amazingly low! If you are coming up for renewal on your mortgage please give us a call to talk about your options.
- REBGV President Rosario Setticasi commented, "we're seeing trends emerge in our market that favor buyers, such as increased selection and more stability in pricing compared to this time last year." "Last month's activity tells us that competition amongst home buyers was reduced in January, which means individuals looking to purchase a home had more time to do their homework, consult with their Realtor, and make a decision."
- January's new listing count was the highest total in Greater Vancouver since 1995.
Benchmark Price Stats for January 2012 - Greater Vancouver
- Detached, town homes & condos' - $660,000 - Benchmark price increased 5.7% compared to January 2011 (for all lower mainland the benchmark price is $593,300)
- Detached - Benchmark price increased 11.3% from January 2011 to $1,034,700 (16.9% less sales than recorded in January 2011)
- Attached - Benchmark price decreased .5% between January 2011 and 2012 to $468,000 (16.6% less sales compared to January 2011)
- Condo's - Benchmark price increased 2.4% from January 2011 to $371,500 (7.9% less sales compared to January 2011)
72% of Canadians consider themselves disorganized at home, with 27% saying they are interested in working with a professional organizer. This year, let's change our habits and cut through the clutter to free up space and improve our home environments.
Page 1 - Guidelines to help create a practical system for nipping clutter in the bud.
Page 2 - Offers specific tips and tricks for organzing each room of your home.
Please feel free to share this information with your family and friends!!
Oh, by the way......we are never too busy for your REFERRALS!
Don't forget our appreciation of $500.00 for each successful referral!